POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP Vs IRTC ideology : Re: POVCOMP Vs IRTC ideology Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:00:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP Vs IRTC ideology
From: gonzo
Date: 12 Aug 2004 02:37:40
Message: <411b1034@news.povray.org>
Vladimir wrote:
>>   Why? What can 'they' do, that you cannot?
>

> For Me  this can be answered in a word:
> Maths

Heh heh, I feel your pain!  Math is my nemesis.

I've been working a lot the last couple months on creating landscape
textures in POV, and the "Desert" IRTC topic has let me fine tune them
even more, all while getting a much better feel for POV procedural
textures, so I'm finally starting to feel a little bit confident in at
least one aspect of my POVing.

Since I've sworn to enter the IRTC this round I feel obligated to finish
my entry, but if I can get it done within the next week maybe I'll try a
POVCOMP entry. Technical it won't be, but at least I can hold my own on
texturing & lighting.

I do like that there is no specific topic.  I've had some ideas
percolating for a while that would be difficult to realize within a
stated theme, this gives me some inspiration to try them.

RG