POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Make it shorter. : Re: Make it shorter. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make it shorter.
From: Hughes, B
Date: 11 Aug 2004 19:18:29
Message: <411aa945$1@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDhotmailcom> wrote in message

> By the way: Can anyone else tell me why I get this warning ?
>
>    File: E:\Raytracinger\Lipid.pov  Line: 97
>    Warning: No pigment type given.
>
> Line 97 is at the end of the union {}
> All the blob components has pigments, as far as I can see.
>
> Should I go and Read The Fine Manual ?

I'm not sure if it says anything about what I believe it is. The blob object
lacks a pigment for itself, meaning that those given for the component parts
aren't the entire blob's texture or pigment.

Might seem redundant to add an unused pigment but I don't think it was ever
changed to find if every part had a pigment already and skip the warning.

Bob H.