POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : UNIX POVRay does not exit with failure on error : Re: UNIX POVRay does not exit with failure on error Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:56:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UNIX POVRay does not exit with failure on error
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 11 Aug 2004 16:43:44
Message: <411a84ff@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <411a62cc@news.povray.org> , Wolfgang Wieser
> <wwi### [at] nospamgmxde>  wrote:
>
>> POVRay for UNIX does not exit with a non-zero exit status when an Error(..)
>> occurs (such as during parsing).
>
> One could also just call exit ... on the other hand, a clean way would
> certainly be to assign the error code to a variable an return that.  Your
> code certainly is not a clean solution.

Well... UNIX povray actually will never exit() but instead go though some
longjmp into the cooperate funcion which will then return to main or throw
some exception. It took me some time until I finally figured out what was
actually going on here and I was really wondering if the present state
can be called a "clean solution"...

But I'm sure, Nicolas will come up with something better. :)

Wolfgang