POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about $ for declare? : Re: How about $ for declare? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about $ for declare?
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 14 Aug 2004 13:23:38
Message: <411E28B8.7080203@hotmail.com>
Brian Elliott wrote:
<snip>

> Also, though this doesn't help those on open-source ports of PoV-Ray, the
> Windows users of PoV-Ray have that lovely in-built editor.  All one need do
> on WinPov is type "sph" then press Tab, and you have your complete word.
> Try it with "pig" as well!
<clip>

I've been using the Tab shortcut for quite sometime now. I can't
remember if I found it accidentally or not... it doesn't matter. What
matters is that it WORKS. I save a lot of time using it.

The more I thought about my 'aliasing' idea last night, the closer to
your opinion I found myself..... and then there was your reply. We don't
need to confuse the code and make it unreadable. It's not so hard to
type out the keywords, especially if we have the Tab feature built into
the editor. Perhaps those working on other operating systems can push to
have this functionality placed into their editor?

-Sam