POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : tab size settings : Re: tab size settings Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:35:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tab size settings
From: Rune
Date: 9 Aug 2004 16:17:24
Message: <4117dbd4$1@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:
> Hey Rune, me again. I thought I might had found a registry entry for
> you to modify, since you brought that up. It's called CurrentTab and
> located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.6\POV-Edit

I tried changing this one but I'm not sure it had any effect, because the
behavior seemed to remain the same.

Anyway, it seems the behavior is as follow: If the tab spaces is set
specifically for a file, then that specific file will always use that amount
of spaces. For files being opened that have not previously been opened in
3.6 as well as for new files being created, the amount of spaces will equal
that of the previously active file is the editor. This is why when I created
new files and opened files they would sometimes have 3 spaces and sometimes
8 regardless of what setting I used.

Anyway, the solution for me seemed to be to simply close all files in the
editor, *then* set the tab setting to 3 spaces, and then all subsequent
files being opened or created will also have 3 spaces. The reason it looked
so confusing at first was that I had a lot of files open in the editor at
the same time...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com