POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What is a token? : Re: What is a token? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a token?
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 9 Aug 2004 14:28:52
Message: <4117c264$1@news.povray.org>
If I'm not mistaken a token is basically one piece of POV's Scene
Description Language's syntax. This could be a keyword, a number, an
operator(like "+", "-") or the name of an identifier, etc.

> And why do I care?
Dunno. Perhaps because tokens are cute and everybody wants some?

If you're talking about the statistics in the output during the render,
it is there to show you how fast the parser is working - I think it's
far better than the old "...........".

> And if I don't care why is it telling me how many?
How about switching some of those streams of? There's a section in the
manual about it, 3.2.1.7

HTH,
Florian