POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : So... : Re: So... Server Time
3 May 2024 16:00:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So...
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 9 Aug 2004 11:58:44
Message: <41179f34$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> > Hmm, I must admit that this thought crossed my mind too.  If Gilles is
going
> > to be competing, perhaps an explanation from the organizers of why this
> > contest is not simply a "Gilles Tran Acclamation" is in order.
>
> Woah hold on there! I was just making a joke about how good Gilles is!

I assumed as much, but text posts cause difficulty when trying to ascertain
the humor of the poster.

> As for your bizarre accusations, all I can say is that Gilles is one of
the best
> pov artists, and probably the most prolific. Obviously everywhere you see
the
> best pov pictures there will be a lot of his, simply because he makes more
> pictures than other artists. Besides which, if you read the rules, you
might
> notice that the judges don't see who the author is for each image.
>
> I think it's a shame he won't be entering since I'd love to see what he'd
> produce for this contest.

Agreed.

I really think that I'm going to enter.  I don't know if my image will
showcase all of the features of POV-Ray, but I have some ideas that I've
wanted to do for a long time.  I'm still trying to decide which one to do.
Additionally, my ideas are fairly general, so I'll have to get more
specific, and actually add a "soul" to whatever I create, rather than simply
having a pointless image of something mundane.  In other words, create art.

Worst case, I spend a lot of time creating a scene that I've wanted to
create for a long time anyway.  :-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com