POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Rules and Guidelines now up : Re: Rules and Guidelines now up Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:40:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rules and Guidelines now up
From: Slime
Date: 7 Aug 2004 16:53:52
Message: <41154160@news.povray.org>
> BTW if you (or anyone else) are willing to make a variant that supports
> vista buffers (i.e. does not shear the camera but rotates it) that would
> surely be useful.  This will not generate a real zoomin of the main
> image then then of course.

The interesting thing is that, since the zoomed image is equivalent to a
subarea of the original image, there's no reason (as far as I can tell) that
vista buffers couldn't be used for it. It might be a bit harder to calculate
them, but it seems that as long as the right and up vectors are
perpendicular, it's possible.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]