POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : tab size settings : Re: tab size settings Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:46:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tab size settings
From: Hughes, B
Date: 7 Aug 2004 02:10:58
Message: <41147272$1@news.povray.org>
Hey Rune, me again. I thought I might had found a registry entry for you to
modify, since you brought that up. It's called CurrentTab and located at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.6\POV-Edit

Funny thing though, it was showing as 0x00000000 (0) and I changed it to
(decimal) 1 then restarted POV 3.6 and opened a file I knew to have 8-space
tabs. It used 4-space tabs instead, as per the setting I was using.

I then went back and looked at the registry entry just to double-check,
since those things can change due to programs being run, and it was now
0x00000002 (2). I hadn't located anything that it might relate to in the
editor setup. Apparently this setting keeps changing on its own, was once
again showing as 0 and another time 1 while I restarted POV and open and
closed files. I'm not able to track what it's doing.

Anyway... I checked with a 8-spaced tab file again in version 3.5, so I
would know proof-positive it was really converting them to 4-spaced tabs
over in 3.6. Also began a new file. Same result, everything appears to use
the current setting. Not sure what that means for you. Maybe making that
registry change would be worth a try just to see if it has any affect. Last
attempt of making a registry change here left the CurrentTab = 2, like I had
done, after POV was closed and the files were all using 4-spaced tabs;
unless the tab space were actual spaces not tabs, as does seem to happen for
some files for unknown reasons (previous edits outside POV?).

Bob H.