POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : tab size settings : Re: tab size settings Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:50:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tab size settings
From: Hughes, B
Date: 6 Aug 2004 09:11:51
Message: <41138397$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in message
> In POV-Ray 3.6, when I go to the menu Editor > Editor preferences >
> Language/Tabs and select a tab size of 3 spaces, it only applies to the
> current scene I'm editing. How can I change it once and for all, for all
> scenes?
>
> I don't remember having this problem in POV-Ray 3.5.
>
> I'm using Windows XP professional.

XP Home here. Seems that, for me, all new files use the tab setting I set,
old files (open or not) will retain whatever tab setting they previously
had. That's about how I always thought it worked, although I couldn't
guarantee anything.  So if you're trying to get any and all files to use a
new tab setting when opening other files, or switching among ones in the
editor, I don't recall that ever happening. Only while open and making a tab
setting change.

FYI, I don't use 'convert tabs to spaces' but I do use 'follow language
scoping' if that happens to make any difference at all. I'd look at 3.5's
editor too but I lost it recently while trying to run 3.0! ...needing a
reinstall of those...

Bob H.