POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : better radiosity in animation? : Re: better radiosity in animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: better radiosity in animation?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 1 Aug 2004 15:53:29
Message: <410d4a39$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> Using radiosity in animation is realy a CPU-killer, because animation needs
> about x2 to x4 _better_ quality then still image, to get rid of annoying
> flickering.
>
> Would it be a good idea maybe to interpolate radiosity colors between
> frames?

Could you post a totally _minimal_ and as small as possible scene
(including the radiosity settings, of course) which shows the effect.

I have the feeling that you are just using wrong kind of radiosity
settings and the flickering might be the result of that. By altering the
settings you might reduce flickering and even speed up the render times.

I don't think your proposed method is a good way to solve it as it is
based on assumption that povray's radiosity values are false and allways
need to be interpolated. I think the only solution is to get correct
(not 100% accurate, but satisfactory) values in the first place.

Regards,
Severi Salminen