POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : better radiosity in animation? : Re: better radiosity in animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: better radiosity in animation?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 Aug 2004 15:47:58
Message: <410d48ee$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> Using radiosity in animation is realy a CPU-killer, because animation needs
> about x2 to x4 _better_ quality then still image, to get rid of annoying
> flickering.

Actually, since MPEG compression removes certain kinds of detail, a
still generally requires more quality than a equal frame from an
animation.

When working on the IRTC, I try to keep the rendering times above
20 pixels per second.  If for some reason this objective is not
met, I look for ways to make the scene render faster.

Regards,
John