POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Moving processing to compile time : Re: Moving processing to compile time Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moving processing to compile time
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Aug 2004 04:27:18
Message: <410ca966@news.povray.org>
In article <410bfd8d@news.povray.org> , Stefan Viljoen
<rylan@<deletehis>intekom.co.za>  wrote:

> I have extremely little mathematical background - I asked him and he said he
> thinks that raytracing (which apparently uses lots of matrices)

You are mistaken.  We are talking about a few 4*4 matrices while the person
you talked to is dealing with huge matrices with hundreds of rows and
columns.  While matrices may well be the bottleneck in his application, they
are not a bottleneck in ray-tracing at all.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde