POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : question about parametric object : question about parametric object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  question about parametric object
From: JWV
Date: 29 Jul 2004 14:50:27
Message: <410946f3$1@news.povray.org>
hello,

30 minutes ago I started looking at the parametric object, and the result
was a bit strange (and slow). I used the piece of code from the help files
to make a sphere, and then changed it to make a half sphere and gave it a
"pigment{White}". I was expecting to see a white half sphere, but what I
saw, was a blackish/grey-ish kind of shape.
This puzzeled me. So I made added a half white hollow sphere to the scene,
to show you (the newsgroup) wat I was expecting, and what I was getting.
But then it even became more puzzling. There were now 2
half-white-hollow-spheres!

Does anyone know what is happening here?

The source will be posted in p.b.sf

Thanks in advance,

JWV