POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some of my POV-Ray experiments since 1999 : Re: Some of my POV-Ray experiments since 1999 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some of my POV-Ray experiments since 1999
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 27 Jul 2004 20:28:00
Message: <4106f310$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>

>> All these images are made by scripting in POV-Ray, though
>> I have changed the colour tones in some of them with an
>> image editor.
>>

> Some very cool stuff in there. I remember a few of these from the
> groups. The nurbs stuff, bicubic patch macros, and rounded CSG shapes
> are the most interesting projects to me.

Some time ago I spent some more time on my NURBS macros,
but more work is needed before they are consistent and
"releasable". I plan to have support for univariate,
bivariate, trivariate and quadirvariate NURBS in 1D, 2D
and 3D (and maybe more dimensions).

In addition to the NURBS macros themselves, a lot of
helping macros are needed. E.g. to make knot vectors,
weight arrays and to draw control grids. I'm also
working on macors to modify control arrays for wrapping
around the borders of the meshes (I.e. smooth
transistion from one edge to another.) This will add
support for topologies like those on cylinders, tori
and spheres (maybe).

But this and other projects have to wait, because my
highest priority these days is to find myself a new job.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net