POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Warning: no pigment type given : Warning: no pigment type given Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Warning: no pigment type given
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 26 Jul 2004 23:03:55
Message: <4105c61b$1@news.povray.org>
I've got a very complicated scene where I declare a union of a large set of
objects.  As far as I can tell, every single object has its own independent
texture declaration.   But in every instance of invoking the union, via:

object { The_Union_I_Declared_Before    translate ...}

I get the above error message.  It's annoying in a scene with 18^2 robots.

Seems a bit off. If it were an unintended feature, should I go to the
trouble of making a formal bug report?

If it were an intended feature, can someone tell me some code I may add to
the object statement that will trick pov into thinking it's okay without
making any changes to my object?