POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: povray 3.6 make error: problem solved : Re: povray 3.6 make error: problem solved Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:49:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 make error: problem solved
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 25 Jul 2004 11:27:16
Message: <4103d154$1@news.povray.org>
> Then it seems logical to check for this error in the configure script and
> refuse to continue (referring to the gcc documentation) until that error is
> fixed by the user.

	This is what I had in mind  :-)
	More precisely, configure would be allowed to complete (as such a
mistake does not influence the configuration itself), but a prominently
warning would be issued at the end -- of course that would not prevent
users to "miss the message by chance" <sigh>

> Of course, this is assuming it cannot be fixed on the
> fly (in which case a warning might still be a good idea, imho).

	I think it can (at the Makefile.am level) but didn't try it yet.
Therefore the exact strategy to workaround this problem is to be set  :-)

	- NC