POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problem compiling 3.6 under Solaris6 : Re: Problem compiling 3.6 under Solaris8 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:52:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem compiling 3.6 under Solaris8
From: destroyedlolo
Date: 24 Jul 2004 06:45:27
Message: <41024B5F.6050306@yahoo.com>
Warp wrote:

Hi Warp,

I have miss something : sorry for my misunderstanding :-(

>>Even when you try w/ GCC 3 ?
>

>   Would I know it crashes if it had failed compiling?

You said in a previous post

 > For some unknown reason gcc 3.x produces a binary which crashes on
 > rendering. gcc 2.x produces a working binary.

So it sounds for me that "someone" succeed to compile it using GCC 3 but
the resulting executable crashes ... Am I right ?

On my machine, I can't compile using GCC 3 (even w/ GCC 3.4.1 that I
just installed due to header problem) so my question is actualy "how do
someone succeed to compile w/ GCC 3 ?"

I appologies again if I miss something.

Laurent

PS: I had no problem at all w/ povray3.5c w/ GCC 3, binary I'm using now.