POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Odd texture artifacts : Re: Odd texture artifacts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd texture artifacts
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Jul 2004 23:54:49
Message: <4101dd89$1@news.povray.org>
"Alex Wollangk" <ale### [at] tdsnet> wrote in message
> am getting really weird artifacts in the texture.

You should use max_gradient in the isosurface. If you read the warning
message POV gives you, after rendering without it, you'll see that it
suggests what value to give that. Check the documentation for isosurface and
you'll find out more about that. A value of around 1.6 should clear it up,
although I noticed its shading still had speckles so I'm not sure what it
would take to make those go away.

Bob H.