POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.6 make error : Re: povray 3.6 make error Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:42:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 make error
From: Ross
Date: 21 Jul 2004 17:32:47
Message: <40fee0ff$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim F" <fen### [at] stanfordedu> wrote in message
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > Tim F wrote:
> povray.<insert OS here>?  (I'm new to this newsgroup, if it isn't obvious)

welcome to the groups, Tim!

> This is a rhetorical question - if there is an error in the POVRay source
> such that the build fails, then its a bug.  Period.

not really a bug. technically, a bug would be a programming error that
results in an incorrect rendering. this may be a misconfigured build system
or somethign to that effect (or may not be, i'll leave that discussion to
Thorsten and friends), but it's not a bug. if something in the POV source
makes a build fail, you can't really have a bug since there is no
executable. compile time errors are not really bugs.

anyway, i'm sure people will be more than helpfull in povray.unix. see you
there :)

-ross