POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG: failed to save file : Re: failed to save file Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: failed to save file
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 19 Jul 2004 14:51:25
Message: <40fc182d$1@news.povray.org>
"Apache" <apa### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> This has something to do with 3.6 using threads. I have this when I abort
> long parse and try to save after that. What I do: I copy the code into the
> buffer and restart pov-ray without saving. I paste the code over the old
> code that POV-Ray opens with and THEN I save.
> I haven't had the patience yet, but maybe waiting for a while before
> retrying to save might help. This might be a bug but I haven't delfed into
> that.

I don't want to get into the "this is a bug or not" argument, but I find it
annoying, and this "feature" was not in 3.5.   In fact, I've returned to
3.5, as this seems to happen to me every few minutes when using 3.6.  I
guess it just has to do with the way some of us stop renders/parses.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com