POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toggling on and off "everything at ambient rgb 1" : Re: Toggling on and off "everything at ambient rgb 1" Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toggling on and off "everything at ambient rgb 1"
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 18 Jul 2004 07:56:09
Message: <40fa6559$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, thanks, Bob, you guessed it.  I had a complex scene with about 18
different texture statements and I did *not* want to rewrite them all.  And
I misunderstood what those default settings do.

You can get close with low quality, lights-off radiosity, but the effect
isn't quite the same.

I was wondering whether I might be able to make a  "cartoon"  look with
ambient rgb 1  but lots of focal blur.

"Hughes, B." <bob### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> Yeah, there isn't really a one-keyword way to set everything in a scene to
> ambient rgb <1,1,1> if all ambients are set as something else, e.g.
ambient