POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hello, : Re: Hello, Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello,
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 15 Jul 2004 16:14:55
Message: <40f6e5bf@news.povray.org>
Old versions of 3D Exploration are able to open .max files.
The owner of the software changed and Deep Exploration hasn't this nice
feature anymore.
Needless to say what version I have on my computers.

Wijnand, if you want to send me the file, I can try to convert it to .3ds or
.pov formate.

Norbert Kern

"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > The problem is that I don't have 3d studio max, so I can't export it to
> > .obj or .3ds
>
> I'm afraid that you're out of luck. From what I read, the Max format isn't
> just a geometry format but requires some "interpretation" (not unlike a
> POV-Ray scene), so even a professional file converter like Deep
Exploration