POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little isosurface experiment : Re: A little isosurface experiment Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little isosurface experiment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Jul 2004 09:09:51
Message: <40f6821f$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:
> Impressive! Not the kind of isosurface I expected at all. Was it quick to
> render? Can it be made to follow any spline path? If the answer is yes, I'd
> definitely be interested in the code! It could be useful... :-)

Thank you. It rendered in 14m 32s on my XP2400 PC.

I havent started working on spline following isosurfaces (yet),
but Ryoichi Suzuki once made a macro for making isosurface ropes
that follows splines:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3c4d365b%40news.povray.org%3E
http://tinyurl.com/5xq8p
Subject: Example of Rope Macro
Date: 22 Jan 2002 09:52:27

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C3c4d35b8@news.povray.org%3E
http://tinyurl.com/6bzja
Subject: Rope Macro
Date: 22 Jan 2002 09:49:44

See the attachment of the above message for his "rope.inc" file.
This file must be edited a bit to make it work with POV-Ray v3.6.
I.e. some too long uncommented lines must be restored and the hat
operator; ^ must be replaced with the pow() function.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net