POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : standard of entry : Re: standard of entry Server Time
17 May 2024 19:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: standard of entry
From: gonzo
Date: 13 Jul 2004 00:11:21
Message: <40f360e9$1@news.povray.org>
Roberto Amorim wrote:
<snip>
> About the Bryce images... there is at least one very good on-topic Bryce
> image there, and another good one yet slightly off-topic, IMHO. Perhaps

Yes, there are a few good Bryce entries, and one quite good one by a
regular entrant.  I think the complaint is that they're disposable "look
what I can do in 20 minutes using some stock textures and premade
models" entries, not because they're Bryce entries.

> something very good will come out of all this. After all, art is a way of
> self-discovery - and perhaps someone who entered the competition for school
> reasons will find in it a bigger part of oneself, and later provide us with
> great images and concepts, even if the first attempts are feeble.

Yes, everyone has to start somewhere.  Actually, its refreshing to know
that there is a class somewhere getting kids into this sort of thing.
Where I went to school that would never have happened.

RG