POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Irritation : Re: IRTC Irritation Server Time
15 May 2024 07:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Irritation
From: gonzo
Date: 12 Jul 2004 23:51:47
Message: <40f35c53@news.povray.org>
"rob" <rob### [at] nmoisnptaemcca> wrote:
 > Maybe have a dual level competition.  Those who have ever made it to
the top
 > 10 (or top n or was a winner (and maybe those who received honours))
in any
 > competition will be graduated to the "winner circle"/"master level"/"god
 > level" competition...

That's a tough call, given that most of us can never hit that level
consistently. I see only a handful of artists in all of the past rounds
who could be in the honor roll multiple rounds.  Most of us get our
kicks if one entry out of several makes the top 10, but then its back
down to the middle of the heap.

 > But then I can see a situation where the lower level
 > winners may not be that masterful and still win and then get promoted
even
 > though the quality won't match that of the others in the upper level
 > competition...

Or else the 'Top' level starts to look like the 'regular crowd' without
the class assignments.

I think the proper response is for all us Povers to get more active.
Those 20 bryce default entries only dominate because there aren't 80 Pov
entries blowing them out of the water.  (Yes, I'm guilty, I permitted
real life to interfere with my Poving... but I WILL get an entry in this
round.)

So I'm CHALLENGING all the Povers on this newsgroup... ENTER THIS ROUND!
I DARE YOU!

Mwaaaa ha ha HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

RG - and because if you don't, you'll have to look at not only a bunch
of miserable Bryce wannabes, but also a bunch of gorgeous Terragen skies
with wimpy yellow dunes scattered underneath