POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : standard of entry : Re: standard of entry Server Time
3 May 2024 02:08:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: standard of entry
From: St
Date: 12 Jul 2004 15:45:39
Message: <40f2ea63@news.povray.org>
"Vladimir" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.40f268ae12882dfa14f564e0@news.povray.org...

> Hi
> thanks for the comments
> >
> >   *Where* did you see your scores??
> >
> I meant when I was voting on the entrants on the overview page. This
was a
> litle unclear in the first post.

   Ah, I see. No problem, I thought you'd found a secret page
somewhere, so wanted to take a peek...  ;)

I have now finished voting however and
> realise that some of the best pictures were kept till last so my
comment
> were probably slightly exaggerated. Some of the pictures are
stunning.

      Agreed.

> on the subject of bryce being easier to learn than pov, I have never
used
> bryce so I cant really comment however I have been using Pov for
only a
> relitavely short time and have learnt how to do most basic things.
For the
> quality of results I would say that it would probably be better to
learn
> pov from the start.

     And again, I agree. Besides that, I *love* diving in at the deep
end. When I first started with PoV nearly five years ago now, one of
my first posts mentioned that I "know this will take around five years
to get anywhere with it" - or words to that effect. I've never used
Bryce also, and in a way, I'm glad.

    Nice pic BTW.

    ~Steve~