POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : standard of entry : Re: standard of entry Server Time
3 May 2024 00:53:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: standard of entry
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Jul 2004 11:48:49
Message: <40f2b2e1$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> IMO, It's poor ettiquite to have your first year art students swamp a
> competition. The IRTC was meant to be entered by *enthusiasts* of all
> skill levels, but that is just my viewpoint. Many of these images could
> qualify for being a "I did it because I had to" image. That's my main
> complaint.
>
> I'm one of the few who really gets irritated at the lack of description.
> I'd like to know where the inspiration for the image came from, I'd like
> to know why you think it fits in the current competition category, I'd
> like to know how you made that image. What renderer did you use. If I
> see the bare minimum to submit an image, none of my questions are
> answered, and I'm staring at a poor quality image wondering how many
> minutes it took to throw it together.

I've had some of the same thoughts regarding the competition recently.  I
guess I just didn't want to say anything because, well, I haven't
contributed to the competition in over a year.

However, the new "Desert" topic interests me.  I know that Christoph Hormann
and others have done some very good desert scenes in the past, and I've
played around with some desert scenes myself.  I have a couple ideas in my
mind, which I think would be fun to try.  Unfortunately, this time of year
isn't ideal for me to create an entry, so I can't commit this round.

Good luck to all who enter!

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com