POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP again! : Re: WIP again! Server Time
2 May 2024 15:03:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP again!
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 10 Jul 2004 14:17:21
Message: <40f032b1$1@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:
> I really must finish one of these pictures!
>
> The Rocks are isosurfaces converted to meshes for speed of rendering and
> also so that I could edit them.  I used Kevin Loney's approximation macro
> for this and Ingo's mesh22obj utility to convert the meshes to objs for
> import into Silo. Gilles has come up with a way of using Crossroads for this
> which I havn't had time to test. All plants XFrog. The ground was a mesh
> modelled in Silo so that I could get precise control of the shape . The
> clouds are media.
>
> I'm still modelling the figures and clothing etc in Silo ( brilliant
> program) but as I'm away walking the Pennine Way for the next few weeks it
> will be some time before the picture is finished.

n->s or s->n ??

> The final picture will be Poster sized and looks much better.
>
> Mick

weird clouds, but rather effective though, they remind me of someone's
paintings

are we expecting vikings ?

rocks remind me of a south atlantic island ?? carved/runes on rocks
blasted name is on edge of my tongue

also rocks seem to convey a slight sf feeling

flowers seem out of scale with the rocks ?? and are all same colur ??
oops, my error, too many of the orangey-pink ones??
can we get some yellow ones maybe??

stephen