POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Irritation : Re: IRTC Irritation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Irritation
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 6 Jul 2004 21:10:29
Message: <40eb4d85$1@news.povray.org>
Program ended abnormally on 06/07/2004 18:48, Due to a catastrophic Jim Charter
error:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>
> 20 entries w no description; about a third of the total.
 > Almost certainly a class or something. Since there seems to be
> an unusual number of female names in teh group.  Nothing really wrong
> with that though.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that we have a class participating in the
IRTC*.  For the last few rounds there been a bunch of images on the same theme
(this time it's buildings) with little or no comments in the accompanying files.

I don't think this is a problem.  Although the quality of those images might be
below what we've come to expect from some IRTC regulars, it doesn't hurt to have
more participants.  Think about it, if that class wasn't there, there would only
be about 50 participants.  On top of it, one or two of them might decide to
continue participating in future rounds and his or herskills might improve.

* On the other hand, it might be someone "diluting" the vote with a bunch of low
quality entries.  But I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }