POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Irritation : IRTC Irritation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:53:20 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Irritation
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Jul 2004 12:56:43
Message: <40ead9cb@news.povray.org>
Is it just me, or has the overall quality of IRTC entries dropped
significantly in recent months?

Browsing the current round's viewing page, I'm seing some
thrown-together entries, which were obviously tossed together in a
modeller in haste (of course, you'd never know how they were created.)

Okok, the contest is open to all, and I haven't exactly put together
some stellar images, but I really question the amount of effort an image
has taken when there's no mention of tools, renderer, modeller, or even
descriptive text, not to mention the description of how the image was made.

Honestly, I'm thankful I can't vote this round. I would have had an
exteme temptation to "slap" some of the images.

To me, the IRTC has always been about putting your best effort
forward... That's most of the reason why I enter only infrequently,
because I don't have ideas, or I cannot commit any real effort!