POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters) : Re: JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters)
From: David Bucciarelli
Date: 6 Jul 2004 04:11:12
Message: <40ea5ea0@news.povray.org>
David Bucciarelli wrote:

>> I have written a tool for POVRay rendering on clusters. The name of
>> the tool is JCGrid. Thanks to JCGrid, you can use as many
>> Workstations/PCs/Macs as you like for the rendering of a single
>> POVRay image.
>

> < [...]
>
>> The homepage is at http://jcgrid.sourceforge.net/
>> You can download sources and binaries from:
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=109146

Version 0.05 is now available.

Change log since 0.04:

- POVRay support now works fine with POVRay 3.6 for Windows;
- Written WebStart support for JCGrid Mandel;
- Written the first version of JCGrid Mandel. Mandelbrot set rendering
done over public grid computing. You can share your CPU time for fast
exploring the Mandelbrot set;
- Fixed a problem related to POVRay fragment images under Windows;
- Added a developpers section to the docs;
- Added more information about the grid in the administration;
- Added compressed communication channel;
- VFS can be now disabled (mainly for security);

David Bucciarelli
Pisa - Italy