POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : About povray-3.6 sources... : Re: About povray-3.6 sources... Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About povray-3.6 sources...
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 3 Jul 2004 13:34:32
Message: <40e6ee27@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Wolfgang Wieser wrote:
>>>
>>>To make it perfectly clear your analysis of the source code is
>>>absolutely irrelevant here.  The beta test phase is about finding
>>>problems in the use of the program.  If you now find a 'problem' in the
>>>source that does not manifest itself in form of a problem for the user
>>>of the program it is completely unnecessary to change it.
>>
>> So it is better to adjust eve candy than to improve the algorithms to
>> run faster. I hope some time in future, the POV team will have changed
>> their opinion concerning "quality of code".
>
> What exactly didn't you understand about the purpose of the beta
> testing?  Your reply absolutely ignores what i wrote and even worse, you
> are trying to imply things i have never said.

So, then please tell me exactly why.

All the "bugs" I reported in the initial posting with the exception of the
eye-candy "status line" could not be detected by me in beta-testing phase.

And what are the things I am "trying to imply" although you "never said"
them?

> I would strongly suggest you revise your attitude before continuing,  if
> you think you can do things so much better you are free to publish your
> own patched version (after the source release of course).

I will not publish a patched version.

However, I will provide patches to make the official version better.
But that is nothing new; I've been doing so since 3.5 was out.

Wolfgang