POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : About povray-3.6 sources... : Re: About povray-3.6 sources... Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:02:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About povray-3.6 sources...
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 3 Jul 2004 10:34:47
Message: <40e6c406@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:

> No, this is intended behavior, as I wanted to allow one to close
> the display window without necessarily stop the rendering itself --
> similar
> to what you can do with e.g. WinPOV.  The idea is that you can still close
> the display after starting a long render, in the hope it will speed it up.
> (ideally I should add support for re-opening the display window while or
> after rendering).

Okay, I can see your point and I actually share that opinion for normal
renders. Because often, for a final trace, it is enough to see that the
+EP4 mosaic preview looks correct and then one can close the window.

But I still think that when using +X (allow trace interruption), pressing
"q" and closing the window should abort the render. But if other people
are of different opinion, I can live with that (my private version will be
patched...)

Wolfgang