POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : About povray-3.6 sources... : Re: About povray-3.6 sources... Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About povray-3.6 sources...
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 3 Jul 2004 09:36:17
Message: <40e6b651$1@news.povray.org>
> Closig the window while rendering will now work but the rendering is not
> stopped in this case. This is okay for "-X" traces but when using
> command line option "+X", closing the window should IMO abort the render
> just as pressing "q" in the window.

	No, this is intended behavior, as I wanted to allow one to close
the display window without necessarily stop the rendering itself -- similar
to what you can do with e.g. WinPOV.  The idea is that you can still close
the display after starting a long render, in the hope it will speed it up.
(ideally I should add support for re-opening the display window while or
after rendering).

	- NC