POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : bezier curves problem : Re: bezier curves problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bezier curves problem
From: Alain
Date: 3 Jul 2004 09:23:41
Message: <40e6b35d$1@news.povray.org>
Kurts nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 03/07/2004 09:04... :

>hi,
>
>i have some trouble with 'bezier' curves. same set of points used in 'prism'
>and in 'sphere_sweep' give not the same curve.
>
>#declare courbe = prism {
>  bezier_spline
>  0, r,
>  60,
>  p1, p2, p3, ..., p60
>  }
>
>#declare spheres = sphere_sweep {
>  b_spline,
>  60+3,
>  p1,r
>  p2,r
>  p3,r
>  p60, r
>  p1, r // for closing the curve
>  p2, r
>  p3, r
>  }
>
>please see image in "povray.binaries.images : bezier curves problem"
>
>what do you think about that ?
>where is my mistake ?
>
>@+
>louis

I don't think that the "b" in b_spline stand for bezier, more like
bicubic... Just a guess as the documentation is not clear for that point.
Bezier need multiple of four points (start, control1, control2, end),
b_spline can take any number >= 4 like 5, 6, 7...

Alain