POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : [beta] source distribution of POV-Ray 3.6 for UNIX : Re: [beta] source distribution of POV-Ray 3.6 for UNIX Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:45:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [beta] source distribution of POV-Ray 3.6 for UNIX
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Jul 2004 08:19:18
Message: <40e6a446@news.povray.org>
In article <40e69680$1@news.povray.org> , Nicolas Calimet
<pov### [at] freefr>  wrote:

>> - vsnprintf is unknown (whereas vsprintf is ok)
>
>  As Thorsten wrote, this is a sign of too old C library.  And
> reverting to the non-n version is not an option, nor is it to try to
> provide an alternate implementation.  It is very likely that I will
> just make configure stop with error if vsnprintf is not found.

BTW, as a shortcut to testing for various standard library functions
existing, you could also test if a ISO C 1999 standard C library is present
if you test that __STDC_VERSION__ is equal *or* greater than 199901L (make
sure you compile it as C not C++ code, that is, use a ".c" rather than a
".cpp" extension and make sure to call a C not the C++ compiler) i.e. with

    int main()
    {
        return __STDC_VERSION__;
    }

However, if this fails (and at least for gcc 3.3 on Mac OS X it does) you
will still have to perform various individual checks...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde