POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Normal problems - waves too 'flat' : Re: Normal problems - waves too 'flat' Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal problems - waves too 'flat'
From: Hughes, B
Date: 2 Jul 2004 14:43:46
Message: <40e5ace2@news.povray.org>
news:40e52cba$1@news.povray.org...
> In article <40e4e38b$1@news.povray.org> , "Hughes, B."
> <bob### [at] charternet> wrote:
>
> > Um... hmmmmm. No idea why that is, but your message here got me to
trying
> > number_of_waves and I'm seeing once again what might have been a bug
during
> > beta testing, which could be totally unrelated.
>
> IMHO it is a bad idea to start some random speculation that this could be
> bug and not a user error, in particular if you are not certain and to
start
> talking about it in povray.newusers .

Okay. It jumped out at me as being a probable cause and now I see it likely
is not. Too quick to think.

What I meant to be saying, at the moment, was to bring up the strange
behavior of number_of_waves, so I took the opportunity to speak up about
that. Perhaps getting it noticed here anyhow. Seems very peculiar for
something to get rendered twice in a different way each time without making
changes to the file content. Apologies for not moving this observation to
the appropriate place.

Bob H.