POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Best" licences for POV-Ray models and scripts : Re: "Best" licences for POV-Ray models and scripts Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Best" licences for POV-Ray models and scripts
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Jul 2004 16:17:47
Message: <40e4716b$1@news.povray.org>

news:40e460b2$1@news.povray.org...
> Gilles Tran wrote:
>
> So how does one go about licensing something? I guess I'm like Ingo on
> most things and "mine mine mine" on the remainder. Does this need to be
> somehow included in the image file? I've got a few pics on line, though
> somewhat hidden (not where you couldn't find them, I'm sure).

I think (could be wrong) that images are more easily covered by existing IP
laws than scripts and models, if only because violations are more blatant.
I'm not overly concerned with image licensing right now. Not only I avoid to
put on line images that are large enough to be commercially usable, but I'm
well aware that their commercial value isn't that high in the first
place...3D models are different because there's a real market for them.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com