POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Best" licences for POV-Ray models and scripts : Re: "Best" licences for POV-Ray models and scripts Server Time
8 Sep 2024 23:54:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Best" licences for POV-Ray models and scripts
From: Ross
Date: 1 Jul 2004 15:19:57
Message: <40e463dd$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message
> Gilles Tran wrote:
>
> So how does one go about licensing something? I guess I'm like Ingo on
> most things and "mine mine mine" on the remainder. Does this need to be
> somehow included in the image file? I've got a few pics on line, though
> somewhat hidden (not where you couldn't find them, I'm sure).
>
>   -Shay

for images, i think the copyright laws in your country might be sufficient
to maintain "mine mine mine" control over them. atleast to the degree that
the copyright laws extend such control. For other licenses restricting or
granting other rights to the user... most image formats contain fields for
metadata, or just plop some words in a text file in the directory those
images exist, or on a web page for those images. i'm not even close to
knowing the real laws on this, but that seems like reasonable action to
reveal your intents.