POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blummin Media headache again! : Re: blummin Media headache again! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blummin Media headache again!
From: Josh
Date: 1 Jul 2004 11:38:00
Message: <40e42fd8$1@news.povray.org>
> Hey I might be needing that, have you got a light_source in your scene or
> is the media showing up only with the ambient cylinder?

just radiosity but it looks rubbish at the moment...what follows is not a
full scene but shows you what i've been on about

global_settings {
        max_trace_level 50
    radiosity {
      pretrace_start 0.08
      pretrace_end   0.04
      count 35
      media on

      nearest_count 5
      error_bound 1.8
      recursion_limit 3

      low_error_factor 0.5
      gray_threshold 0.0
      minimum_reuse 0.015
      brightness 10

      adc_bailout 0.01/2
    }
  }

cylinder        {
                <0,0,-10000>,
                <0,0,200000000>,
                2100
                hollow
                texture { pigment { Blue } finish { ambient 0 } }
                }

// Light Source
cylinder {
  <0,0,-1000>,