POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : out of memory : out of memory Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  out of memory
From: SomeOne
Date: 30 Jun 2004 12:07:50
Message: <40e2e556@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've managed to create a scene that takes POV-Ray to the limit and beyond,
where memory is concerned.

After 9min of parsing, POV-ray tells me it is out of memory and can't continue.
And looking in the scene file where it stops it has hardly begun...

I have 256MB RAM and 640MB virtual memory allocated on Windows XP.

The scene I'm trying to render is a cloud using a density field (df3) and a
tree with several hundreds of leaves. I'm using a while loop to place these two
objects a number of times in different locations around the scene.

I'm wondering how I can render the scene without problems.
Would increasing the virtual memory help (say, 10x more)?

Please don't tell me I'll need to upgrade ;-)
--
Maurice