POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : wings3d exporter : Re: wings3d exporter Server Time
18 May 2024 09:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wings3d exporter
From: gonzo
Date: 29 Jun 2004 03:18:50
Message: <40e117da@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
> Hey folks. I'm struggling with meshes from wings3d and the wings3d exporter.
> I can't figure out how to not have it export a texture_list and texture
> indices in the face_indices. Basically, I don't want every triangle to have
> it's own texture. I'm not using UV maps. I just want to have a mesh2 object,
> with one texture block for the whole object. Is this possible?

In Wings, select the parts you want and right click, then you can set
vertex or material mode. You can also remove textures, which will give
you just the default texture in the texture block, which you can then
change to anything you want in Pov.

There are also some texture options in the povray exporter, i.e. to turn
UV mapping on or off, use normals, etc.

RG