POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface on a declared object : Re: isosurface on a declared object Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface on a declared object
From: Hughes, B
Date: 29 Jun 2004 03:01:16
Message: <40e113bc$1@news.povray.org>
"Marty" <1@1.1> wrote in message news:40e00740@news.povray.org...
> Thanks for the point in an easier direction, but what i am after is a
> very tight rough surface, the kind that you normally get with sand stone
> or granite.

Hey Marty (Martin), I replied to you in p.n. and since then have looked for
some info about predeclared objects in isosurfaces. Mike Williams'
Isosurface Tutorial helps explain a bit about that:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/dont.htm

For easy roughness texturing... and I do mean easiest... the 'crand'
keyword, used in a finish statement, can add a sandpaper effect all by
itself. A value of 1 is really extreme, with 0.1 being mild. Tends to be
unusable in animations, it's so random.

Like was already mentioned, just a normal statement -- as in normal {
granite 1 scale 0.1 } -- can do okay if you don't need the object surfaces
actually changed from their usual smooth, textureless form. You'll need the
depth value and scale to suit your object though.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com