POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Simple Text Problem : Re: A Simple Text Problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Simple Text Problem
From: Hughes, B
Date: 29 Jun 2004 01:58:21
Message: <40e104fd$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Teatro" <tim### [at] rogerscom> wrote in message

> I have a simulation that spans over a time period. I want some text to
> appear in one of the corners saying the time and temperature. I assume to
do
> this, I would need to use the text object. The problem now becomes how do
> write a macro to translate and rotate the text in such a way that it is
> alwayse facing the camera perfectly, and move with the camera. Another
> (minor) complication is that I have specified "up z sky z" in my camera
> properties.
>
> Any help or macros would be apreciated.

You'll probably find that the POV-Ray\scenes\incdemo\screen.pov file will
help you do exactly that, with a little change to Camera_Sky to make it
<0,0,1>. And, of course, your added text. The macro it uses is in
POV-Ray\includes\screen.inc, so really no need to write your own.

Good luck with the animation!

Bob H.