POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 320x240 No AA: Render 10% complete at 1d 06h 02m - Aagh! : Re: 320x240 No AA: Render 10% complete at 1d 06h 02m - Aagh! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 320x240 No AA: Render 10% complete at 1d 06h 02m - Aagh!
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Jun 2004 11:55:04
Message: <40e03f58@news.povray.org>
news:40e03787$1@news.povray.org...
> If the scene renders much faster without radiosity (around two orders of
> magnitude), then you are most likely using radiosity incorrectly.
Otherwise
> (i.e. just one order of magnitude faster without radiosity), this is about
> normal.

Good.  Thanks for explaining what should be expected of radiosity.  This
case is definitely beyond a couple of orders of magnitude, probably three,
as it has run 120 times longer than a render without radiosity, and has now
progressed to 11%.

I'll let it go until tomorrow night - it is already 1:50am and I've already
stolen too much sleep time from work tomorrow - and then I'll pull the
render and redo those settings.

Brian