POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : animating complex scenes : Re: animating complex scenes Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animating complex scenes
From: Josh
Date: 28 Jun 2004 05:05:31
Message: <40dfdf5b$1@news.povray.org>
> I find the fun part is to make the code run faster by using clever
tricks...

I started the basics this weekend.  Ive got a particles collection sorted
and scripting engine  so that I can script animations.  So far all I've
produced is one sphere dropping under force of gravity.  Not very intresting
to watch.  Thinking in terms of collision checking,  I set a "Collision
Accuray" parameter  into the scripting language.  If I set this to 5, the
system will make 5 collision checks as its applies the motion vectors to all
particles in the scene in five segments.  I'm thinking that this is getting
really "processor heavy".