POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AVI file as background or backdrop : Re: AVI file as background or backdrop Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AVI file as background or backdrop
From: Slime
Date: 28 Jun 2004 04:23:23
Message: <40dfd57b$1@news.povray.org>
> Using the plane with an image works fine; my problem however (due to
> inexperience probably!) is that everytime I change the camera position I
> also have to change the plane's position.

Ah.

You may want to look into screen.inc. Specifically, the Screen_Plane macro
may do what you want. Although the macro is intended to put a plane *close*
to the camera, with a large value for "Scaling" (the second argument), I
think you can make it go as far away from the camera as you want.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]