POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW atmospheric tests : Re: LOTW atmospheric tests Server Time
19 May 2024 18:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW atmospheric tests
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Jun 2004 17:25:23
Message: <40df3b43@news.povray.org>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:
 > Hope to see you LOTW updates. The first set were fantastic. Very much
 > looking forward to the code.

   Finally! Sorry for the delay sharing the code, but I messed with it
too much, and I had a hard time rewriting and commenting it a bit. I
posted the first version at p.b.s-f as "Tierra". There are also some
more test images at:

   http://www.ignorancia.org/g_tierra.php

 > When this is all over, and we have a stable set of high quality code,
 > I  was toying with the idea of posting some images to the usenet news
 > groups  and sites usch as "renderosity" titled "POVRAY is not a
 > landscape  renderer. Is yours?".

   Don't be so bad: we all know that POV-Ray is not comparable with
anything: it's different... some times it's better, and the rest of the
time it's the best. ;)

--
Jaime