POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : shadowless : Re: shadowless Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shadowless
From: Alain
Date: 26 Jun 2004 23:08:00
Message: <40de3a10$1@news.povray.org>
nomail@nomail nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 26/06/2004 22:45... :

>Hi All,
>
>I am creating some protein-structure figures and have a problem to get rid
>of the shadows casted by the ribbon. I tried to apply more ligth sources or
>to use a shadowless light source. Obviously in the letter case I used a
>wrong syntax.
>Would be great if someone knows how to do this could write me.
>I tried this one:
>object { light_source {< 0.000, 0.000, -200.000 > color shadowless
>Intensity*0.300 }}
>
>Sabine

If you realy don't want any shadow, remove ALL light and set ambient 1
in the finish, but it will look flat.
You can keep your light(s) and add "no_shadow" to your ribon. It supress
the casting of shadow and you keep the angle dependent lighting. Bind
the whole ribon in an union and add the no_shadow to the whole thing.

Alain